Victim Cooperation with Law Enforcement and Prosecution
In order to receive an award from CICF, it is required that the victim cooperate with law enforcement and participate in prosecution. Law enforcement is our link to that information, please contact us directly if you have concerns about a specific case.
§ 19.2-368.10(3)….”upon finding that the claimant or award recipient has not fully cooperated with all law enforcement agencies, may deny, reduce, or withdraw any award, as the case may be.”
- The Fund will pay for crime scene clean-up. Please encourage potentially eligible individuals to contact CICF as soon as possible. CICF cannot cover costs related to suicide unless there was a hostage situation.
- CICF can pay for moving (up to $1,000) and reimburse temporary lodging expenses (up to three weeks).
- CICF is an administrative process, not a criminal one. Your opinion is important to us! CICF makes decisions based on the Code and established case law.
- If a claim is appealed, you may be called to testify in an administrative hearing. The CICF attorney will make every attempt to accommodate your schedule.
- CICF will take reports and the Police/Sheriff Report Form via E-mail or fax. Please do what works best for you.
Tip of the Week